When I grow up….
Woohoo for MondayL isticles! This week Stasha did me the honor of picking my idea. I love this girl and even though I don’t participate s much as I wish I could I love Monday Listicles.
When I was sharing with my kids last night what this week’s topic was and what it was for Nathaniel stops and says….
“Wait,Listicles??Ummmm that sounds kinda close to.”
“Yes Yes it does,” I cut him off abruptly. Ah,You gotta love teenage boys.
So what idea did I come up with?
10 things you wanted to do/be when you grew up
With all these kids growing up so quickly here at Casa La crazy,Brandon and I like to sit back and play the,”What do you think they will be” game from time to time.Which got me remembering some of the things I said I had wanted to be while growing up.
1. A Nurse…Now that dream got squashed by the fact I would have to be on my feet so much and well umm if you read my last post on teenage Wendy you will understand the difficulty of why. Although I have decided to look into being a doula and possibly a lactation consultant.
2.An actress….I decided this after my mom told me one day I would be a great soap star because I was so,ummm,well, dramatic. I know I know hard for you all to believe right?
3. Get my pilots license…growing up my dad had his and we used to go flying in his little Cessna. This is still on my bucket list.
4. A ballet dancer…I mean what little girl didn’t want to be a ballet dancer? Then my mom suggested jazz or hip hop because….well….I’m not the most graceful person on the face of the planet. It worked out well I fee in love with jazz.
5. Live on a farm with lots of animals. I was the only girl living out in the country without cows,horses,goats,or even ducks. This dream is still a very big possibility.
6. A teacher…I know this one is not a big shock to all of you.In fact I spent some time teaching preschool and kindergarten.I love this age!
7. Live on top of a hill. When we were driving once I saw the prettiest hill outside of a nice small town. I told my mom that when I grew up I wanted to live on top of that hill by myself and write.I would come into town for supplies and food,but mostly just live off the land. This of course was after I had just finished reading My Side Of The Mountain.
8. Own a horse…which I did for a little bit. Hey what can I say I’m still a country girl at heart.
9. A writer…I’ve always loved writing whether it was songs,poems.or stories. I am so glad I have continued with this dream.
10. A truck driver. I told my dad and grandpa(his dad) this once when we were visiting. I remember them both chuckling and me demanding to know what was so funny.Grandpa told me,” Wendy you wouldn’t be able to stand not talking to anyone for that long,and being by yourself.” To which I told him…
“That is why they have CB radios and trucks stops!”
Well there it is the list of 10 things I wanted to do or be when I grew up. Of course I always wanted to be a mom as well,but I kinda became an overachiever in that category! Hey if you’re good at something keep on doing it right? So take a moment to go over to The Good Life and read some of our other friends dreams and maybe even post your own!
Next week our friend Ducky has asked us to list 10 things found in our purse. do diaper bags count?
Posted on January 28, 2013, in Monday Listicles, My randomness and tagged Cessna, childhood dreams, family, Monday, Monday listicles, Mother, The Bucket List, Wendy, When I grow up.... Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.