What we learned this year!
We have been busy wrapping up the school year here at Casa La Crazy! Oh my what a year! I know we studied a lot of different things but even I would you give you the automated, “I don’t know,” answer when you ask me what we learned from our books.
It was definitely a hands on kind of learning year for all of us! So this year I do believe we all learned:
- sleep…get it now before you NEVER get it again
- how to change a diaper in 30 seconds or less
-When momma yells “All hands on deck!” You come runing with a towel and an endless supply of baby wipes and be prepared to distract an Adrienne while another runs back and forth fetching yet more wipes,a new outfit,or the garbage can.
- That momma can go approximately 3 days without a shower before people in the house,and yes it was a boy even,start to complain that you smell.
- Reading to the rest of the group with a baby nestled in your arms is still the sweetest thing EVER!
-One crawling inquisitive baby = no one ever sitting still
- Even the 8 year old can make a full dinner for a family of 9!
- Chickens and Ducks are probably one of the funnest science lessons known to man.
- The art of room design as we switched up rooms for the 3rd time in a year.
- 7 year old are not too young to do the dishes
- A reminder in thankfulness in modern technology as we lived without a dishwasher for 3 months.
-Visitors ….oh be did we have visitors and they all were welcomed with open arms.
- Trying out new thing. I will admit when Kenna came to me saying she wanted to try some new ways in schooling I never drempt it would include the kids going to school part time. So far so good and we’re looking forward to next year!
-Every single kid in the house learned how to make momma a pot of coffee.
-How to help out our sister after she has had leg surgery
-How to be grateful for other’s help even when we have a hard time accepting it.
There have been so many changes and growing opportunities this school year! I have watched all the kids grow leap and bounds and am so proud of each one of them. Along with the growth and change that has occurred I have come up with new ideas on how to make next year better.
I have also begin working on a new blog. The whole format will focus more on homeschooling, life in a blended family, and well what life is really like here at Casa La Crazy. I started Twisted Domestic Goddess after a huge move as a single mom from Arizona to Washington State. I feel like I have outgrown this blog and am ready for a new one that focuses on the family life of 7 ,possibly more,kiddos. It is still in the design stages but I hope soon it will be ready!
I promise to keep you all posted of the new changes!
Posted on May 21, 2013, in Blended Families, Casa La Crazy, Large Families, Raising Squishy and tagged family, homeschooling, life lessons, Parent, Stepfamily, working together. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.