How I handle moving and other changes…
Ok I HATE change. HATE IT..I moved several times during my childhood and have moved even more as an adult. You’d think I’d be a pro at it by now, you know me being a goddess and all, but I’m not.Any kind of change used to throw me off when I was younger(I’m talkin up till bout 6 years ago here). It still does so I thought I’d outline how I handle moving
- DECIDE I’m moving get excited talk about all the positives and how much better the new living situation will be.
- Announce the move to friends and family who promptly sigh and think “here we go again”
- Excitement and positivity pours out of me…or maybe it’s all the coffee I’ve drunk.
- Finally sit down to make a list of what goes with us what goes into storage and realize CRAP I have to refill my coffee cup the list can wait.
- Refill coffee cup sit back down and sidetrack myself with reading others blogs…because in the back of my mind I’m thinking…
- I”m moving in a week and a half!Holy CRUD I’ve got a lot of stuff.
- Make plans for the next day to hang out with boyfriend and soon to be roomies
- Hang out with said people above and make Chicken Parmesan for all of them and preoccupy myself by watching and playing with the kids
- Come home close to midnight walk into my house and let reality set in…CRAP I’m moving in a week and a half!I HAVE to pack!
- Wake up the next morning to relax with my coffee and computer only to find Facebook has changed their stuff once again….seriously I feel a panic attack coming on. Must EVERYTHING change in my life.
- Sit here and think in my mind how exactly I’m going to execute this move.
- Have another cup of coffee and let the kids sleep in because if they’re asleep I can’t start the packing quite yet.
- Finally kick my own self in the butt and slowly start pulling pictures of the wall.
- Realization sets in…time to go full pace on this moving crud…well after I make more coffee that is…then I’ll pack…or take a nap.
In all seriousness though this move HAS to happen. I’m pretty sure the place I’m renting is close to being condemned. I’m missing a window still and I have no bedroom floor. All things I had been told would be taken care of. The outlet sparked at me AGAIN as I plugged my computer in and my shower has its own mind on whether or not it wants to give me hot water or not. With winter setting in this has to be done. I’ve been patient enough waiting for the landlord to fix things.
Oh and the footsteps I hear upstairs when everyone else is asleep…kinda creepy.