The No Stress Resolution List!
I hope everyone had a wonderful New Years!Can I just say it?I’m so glad the holidays are over! Life is hectic enough these days and then add the holidays and well Wendy about looses it.
Although spending the holidays back home in Washington was pretty freakin awesome!
New Years at the Frat House?Well that was pretty fun too! B’s sister and fiance came over from the Seattle area to spend it with us. B and Kenneth are a lot alike so the spent most the day shooting and tracking coyotes while Missy cut the kiddos hair and then us two girls settled in to hang with the cousins and cousin’s friends to ring in the New Year.
There were 16 of us here at the frat house….Quiet was NOT the word of the night.
Having fun and being stupid….yea those were the words of the night,but hey you only live once.
I had made one and only one New Years resolution….withint the first 5 minutes after midnight I had broken it.ARGHHHH !
1. Quit cussing….yup this is the one I failed miserably at within 5 minutes of midnight!(hiding head in shame) We were rough housing around with a papertowel tube and one of the guys decided to hit me with it and our wrists met in a nice boney crash……to which the curse words flowed and the boys all pointed out I had epically failed.Thanks for the support boys!
2. Quit dying my hair and let it go nat….oh see I can’t even finish that one without busting up laughing…c’mon now me not dye my hair?That’s,that’s UnAmerican!
3. Stop taking naps…yeah NOT gonna happen
4. Eat healthier…really I don’t eat that badly but as much as I would love to eat more fruits and veggies I just never seem to do it.
5. Give up coffee….pshaw might as well just kill me now
6.Give up smoking. In all fairness aunt Nancy did get me a smart smoker for Christmas which I am using. There’s just something about real cigarettes though that I can’t seem to quit.(I’m probably addicted to the bat shit in it…lovely see I even cussed here.I’m hopless!)
7. Wear a dress or skirt once a week……Bwahahahahahahah. Excuse me while I clean up the coffee that just shot out of my nose.
8. Stay at least a month ahead on my lesson planning. With life the way it is lately I only plan a week at a time!
9. Take the drums and piano back up….because that’s what the frat house needs….more cowbell.
10. Start and finish my book that’s swimming around in my head….yeah I MAY be able to do this if someone gave me a whole month locked away in a hotel room to myself!
There is one other goal I have set for myself. I have decided to read 150 books from December of last year to December of this year. So far I have read 8. I see this as a total attainable goal and have started a Shelfari account.I have been devouring books lately like they’re coffee.I’ve also started reading the first Percy Jackson series to the kids at night which we’re all loving. Funny when I say it’s time to stop reading for the night it’s usually B that pouts more than the kiddos. It’s a good series.
So I’m currently trying to learn how to post my Shelfari list on here. I should’ve added become more tech savvy to my list!
Here’s to a wonderful 2012 for everybody. Now that the holidays are over I’ll be around a bit more to comment and post! Gee aren’t you all lucky 🙂