Thank God for Mondays….
Brandon and I tried out a new church yesterday with the girls(my kiddos were with their dad.)Not a bad church and definitely a message I needed to hear. Then after that aunt Nancy very nicely drug my butt to the gym,signed me up for a membership,and made me take a zumba class.
This is only the second time I’ve done zumba and last night we were blessed with my cousin Jeremy joining us. If you don’t remember which one he is go back and read my If My Life Were A Movie Post….Scott Pilgrim played him and well umm if you know the scene in Scott Pilgrim where he is playing that video game with Knives that was pretty much what Jeremy looked like!Talk about getting a good laugh while working out!
Of course they played the frat houses favorite song…I’m sexy and I know it.
A good butt kicking was exactly what I needed! I’m so glad I joined the gym and now both Aunt Nancy and I can hold each other accountable. Not like I want to lose weight…I think everyone would kick my butt,but it will def be some great me time as well as a great stress reliever.
Another great stress reliever is of course the Monday Listicles!(wow Twisted look at that smooth transition you just made!Impressive!:))
This week’s list is:
Top Ten Strange (odd/unusual/funny/interesting) Jobs you have held in your life.Or if you have not held Ten jobs yet in your life then what is the wierdest top 10 tasks you have had in any job you have held.
Well I like Stasha am also to young…cough cough sputter sputter….to have held 10 jobs.
So I figured I would do the top 10 odd/unusual/funny/interesting things that I have done while working in childcare or teaching.
1. Got to stand on stage and have t-shirts propelled at me from a t-shirt cannon. (now that was a fun night working at the church.)
2. Had to race other kids on a hippity hop only 2 weeks after giving birth to Kenna…yeah I did it for the kids.
3. Rode in one of those teeny tiny barrel trains out at the pumpkin farm while 9 months pregnant with Holly.(consequently that night I went into labor with her 3 weeks early!)
4. Have eaten countless POUNDS of fishy crackers….I may never eat another fishy cracker as long as I live.
5. Taught preschoolers to make a lower case e by using the saying “You lay the baby down(the middle of the e) and you wrap it up tight.”
6.I probably hold the world record for also saying,” alright sit down criss cross applesauce.”
7. Waddled up and down 3 flights of stairs numerous times a day at the church I worked at while pregnant all 3 summers in a row! They insisted on putting my class on the top floor.
8. Played a Mc Donalds drive through worker while kids rode in cardboard cars to pick up their order from moi.
9. Once pushed another kid out of my way as a mouse ran over my foot and then somehow managed to hop myself up to the half door in the doorway while pregnant yet again. Maintenance couldn’t stop laughing when they walked down the hall and found me on the door waiting for them to remove the mouse and then I made them promise me they weren’t going to kill it but release it into the woods. They promised me they did…I’m pretty sure they lied.God probably has a special punishment for them,lying in a church,or a special reward for keeping the very pregnant lady calm and happy.
10. And the number 10 interesting thing that has happened to me while working in childcare was being embraced by literally a hundred kids after they learned of Reed’s loss. While many did not understand exactly what happened they knew their teacher was hurting and the amount of hugs,pictures,and I love yous….are something I’ll always cherish.
So there you have it. My top 10 listicles for the week! Now it’s on to my regularly scheduled program at the frat house. It’s gonna be a long day of school….a very long day!