Making My Life Simpler…And Happier
Hey you all know what this little sign means right?Or at least by now you should.It means that yes,oh yes, it’s MONDAY! Usually my favorite day of the week.However this week between homeschooling,early release of the bonus girls,meetings every night except for Tuesday, and not only a Dr apt but a dentist apt for me as well on Friday I’m not quite sure how I will survive this week.
I will be attending my first school conferences since Nathaniel was in Kindergarten! You know what us homeschool mommas say. “It’s ok if I talk to myself I’m just having a parent/teacher conference.” Well this week I get to have not only one with another teacher but two as well. And of course all these meetings and conferences take place after 4 o’clock.Some people might not think this is bad, but for a morning person like myself this is torture.
So this weeks Listicle is going to hit right on the spot. This week our listicle list is brought to us by Terri.
10 things/people/services that make my life easier
1. My eldest son Nathaniel. There’s been a lot of running around and Dr apts during this pregnancy and THANK GOD for Nathaniel. We don’t have a car errr um full sized van yet to hold all of us so he has been a life saver by offering up his babysitting services free of charge. He says it’s good experience for him when he actually DOES start babysitting,although after the week he’s going to have to pull right along with me I think I’ll have to do something special for him.
2. My day planner. Ok OK I KNOW I have a smart phone and even a computer with a calendar on it.Heck I’m sure there is even a website that I could use to put in my apts and it would SEND it to my smart phone.For me though,nothing beats writing down the actual apt with paper and pen. I guess I’m just old fashioned like that.
3. Coffee stands.I live in Spokane Washington. There’s a coffee stand on every corner and if I have rushed out of the house without coffee and made the 20 minute drive into civilization without coffee of killing anyone I DESERVE to spend the 3 bucks for a white chocolate caramel latte.
4.Comedy Cd’s This is a fairly new one for me that I rediscovered on our trip to Everett a couple months ago. I’m telling you nothing makes your day goes smoother after popping in some Jeff Dunham,George Carlin(if kids aren’t around) or Bill Engvall. After listening to one of these my moods are a ton better.
5. Music. Right along with the comedy cd’s. If I’m doing something I know is daunting or really don’t want to do I pop in some music and it usually helps.
6. The boys here at the Frat House. Yes they can annoy the crap out of me and yes they sometimes even make my life harder not simpler,but for the most part they are good guys that are usually either willing to chop an onion for me(because I’m sick of crying every single time.),stir a pot of sauce,or just compliment me on my cooking even when I know it’s not their favorite thing to eat. Yes yes I’m gonna miss these guys….a little.
7.My Smart Phone. Best V day present ever! my old phone was not connecting to facebook anymore and the camera was crappy. I love my phone. B said he didn’t know what else to get me since he heard me once say “I don’t need a guy to buy me jewelry I can buy my own.” I think he may had taken my independent sentence the wrong way so pssstt heads up B I’ll let you buy me jewelry.(I know I know shameless hint right there.Hey I have a birthday coming up though.)
8.My Boyfriend. Speaking of B…he has def helped to make my life a lot simpler. He supports my homeschooling,is willing to take over a whole afternoon if I need to go hide…I mean take a nap for a bit, and heck he even enjoys cooking.Well that’s if I LET him in the kitchen. Yeah I’d say not only has he helped simplify my life but he brings so much joy to it as well.
9.The numerous pregnancy sites out there. Instead of guessing how big baby is at this exact moment or if I should be showing this much so early( I know I know I need to post another pic.) I can look up online and see where other people are as well as other pictures. Besides who doesn’t want to know if your baby is the size of a green olive,a lemon, or a naval orange.
10.My Blog. It gives me a chance to get my brain going early in the mornings,capture all the memories in my life, and just connect with people all over the world. It has definitely helped get my creative juices going.
And there you have it! My list of ten things that make my life simpler…which coincidentally also bring me the most joy.Hmm maybe we’re all onto something here.
Oh and while I have your attention. We’re waiting to hear back on not only one house but TWO. Please keep the prayers and good thoughts coming.