It is week 6 of Sisters N Cloth Blog hop and so far I’ve only missed one week! That’s pretty amazing for me. This week is all about booby love. Ok maybe it’s more about nursing and what you love about it.
For someone like me who has only tried once before to breastfeed and failed miserably, I was entering this whole booby time very cautiously.My first goal make it till my milk comes in. yes the first time I didn’t even make it that far.
Then the whole nursing in public….or not running to my room when we have guests over(hey this is my house after all).From there …..well I now feel like I could take on the world!
So here are a few things I have fallen in love with regarding breastfeeding Squishy
1.I love that Squishy is now at the age that she knows exactly where her JJ(short for Jug Juice) is coming from. I will hold her and she will pull at the straps of my nursing tanks.
2. Those nights where really all she wants to do all night I can snuggle up on the couch with her and both of us just drift back to sleep.
3. The way that she brushes my left breast when she is nursing on that side….only on that side does she do this.
4. The hours we have spent gazing into each others’ eyes.
5. When she suddenly pops off at the breast and I become a gigantic milk sprinkler…some may not love this but it usually provides me and the kiddos a good giggle at just the most needed time.
6. Her listening to me sing numerous genres of music and not covering her ears but just still contentedly nursing.
7. The smiles….ohhhh the smiles….enough to melt your heart.
8. Seeing her completely and utterly relaxed
For all the hard work it has been as well me and Adrienne have developed the perfect nursing relationship and I’m so proud of both of us! Never did I think I would love breastfeeding as much as I do.