32 Reasons I Love My Man~Happy Birthday Brandon!
Yesterday was Brandon’s 32 birthday….awww 32. Seems like just yesterday I was that young fun age. Now I’m facing 36 almost dead on.
Anyways this isn’t a post about me and how I refuse to grow up.
So,where was I? Oh yes Brandon’s birthday. Yes,yesterday was Brandon’s birthday.
There was ooey gooey cake.
There was shrimp quesadillas.
And just possibly…there was a misplaced birthday present that his older feeble minded girlfriend misplaced and still cannot find!
Oh and of course there was the birthday boy!
So,in honor of Brandon’s 32nd birthday,I present to you:
32 Things I Love About My Man
1. His equal unabashed love of coffee-thanks to him there’s always a fresh pot on.
2. His handiness around the house. Whether it’s cooking or fixing something,he is pretty darn helpful to have around.
3. His height-It’s rare that I can’t reach something but when I can’t,he can.
4. His love for my kids. It’s not easy to walk into a step parent roll…he is a pretty awesome step dad.
5. He makes sure I eat my vegetables.
6. He painted my toenails almost weekly this summer when I was too pregnant to half the time even SEE my toes!
7. He appreciates the little things,not the big flashy expensive things.
8. He honestly would rather see me without makeup.Which makes me feel so less guilty on those pajama days we seem to have so often around here!
9. His laugh…his laugh is contagious.
10. Watching stand up comedy with him for the obvious reasons…(see number 9.)
11. He works his butt off so I can stay home with the kids.
12.He works nights…anyone who works nights I tip my hat off to.
13. He’s younger than me. Yes yes I can say…yup I got me a young hottie. Or….maybe not….that still kinda sounds creepy. Still I like the fact he’s younger than me!
14. He loves all the kiddos,even on their worst,boundary pushing days.
15. He’s one of the only people that I know,that is more competitive than me at family game night.
16. The feel of his arms wrapped tightly around me. No place I would rather be.
17. Even though he’s not a music person he totally indulges me in my love for music….yes even if it’s NKOTB.
18. He was totally hands on with the birth of Adrienne right up till it was time to deliver the placenta. Yes he delivered our baby girl…how could you NOT love him after that.
19. He’s not really into sports….thank GOD!
20. We would both love to live off the grid someday!
21. He is willing to let me get a goat.(oh yeah that’s a whole OTHER blog post)
22. He can handle me on my “oh my gosh I have sooooo much to do,so I think I will just crawl into the corner and rock back and forth” days.
23. He tells me I’m beautiful even if I haven’t showered in a day or two.
24. He plays enough video games for the two of us. Yes I do thank him for that because I really cannot fall into that addiction again.
25. He constantly tries to educate himself on different topics which makes him fun to talk with.
26. Even though he’s not a singer,he learned the special words to the song I sing to Adrienne,that my grandpa used to sing to me.
27. I know he will fight tooth and nail to keep this family together.
28. He gets just as excited over gifts as I do. so excited I got most of my Christmas presents early! WOOHOO
29. He’s not a big sweet tooth person most of the time…which leaves more chocolate for me! Total Win!
30. He supports my dreams of becoming whatever I want. Whether it is a cosmetologist,a labor doula,or heck even an astronaut.
31. He’s not a boob man…thank god since my boobs belong to Adrienne at the moment.
32. He loves me unconditionally…good,bad,or indifferent, I know he’s there for me.
Happy Birthday Baby I hope your day was as special as you are to us! I promise one of these days I will find your gift…of course it will probably be Christmas by then!
Posted on February 20, 2013, in Casa La Crazy and tagged Adrienne, Birthday, blended families, family, Home, my sweetie, Parenting, reasons I love my better half, Stepfamily. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.