Category Archives: Large Families
We have been busy wrapping up the school year here at Casa La Crazy! Oh my what a year! I know we studied a lot of different things but even I would you give you the automated, “I don’t know,” answer when you ask me what we learned from our books.
It was definitely a hands on kind of learning year for all of us! So this year I do believe we all learned:
– sleep…get it now before you NEVER get it again
– how to change a diaper in 30 seconds or less
-When momma yells “All hands on deck!” You come runing with a towel and an endless supply of baby wipes and be prepared to distract an Adrienne while another runs back and forth fetching yet more wipes,a new outfit,or the garbage can.
– That momma can go approximately 3 days without a shower before people in the house,and yes it was a boy even,start to complain that you smell.
– Reading to the rest of the group with a baby nestled in your arms is still the sweetest thing EVER!
-One crawling inquisitive baby = no one ever sitting still
– Even the 8 year old can make a full dinner for a family of 9!
– Chickens and Ducks are probably one of the funnest science lessons known to man.
– The art of room design as we switched up rooms for the 3rd time in a year.
– 7 year old are not too young to do the dishes
– A reminder in thankfulness in modern technology as we lived without a dishwasher for 3 months.
-Visitors ….oh be did we have visitors and they all were welcomed with open arms.
– Trying out new thing. I will admit when Kenna came to me saying she wanted to try some new ways in schooling I never drempt it would include the kids going to school part time. So far so good and we’re looking forward to next year!
-Every single kid in the house learned how to make momma a pot of coffee.
-How to help out our sister after she has had leg surgery
-How to be grateful for other’s help even when we have a hard time accepting it.
There have been so many changes and growing opportunities this school year! I have watched all the kids grow leap and bounds and am so proud of each one of them. Along with the growth and change that has occurred I have come up with new ideas on how to make next year better.
I have also begin working on a new blog. The whole format will focus more on homeschooling, life in a blended family, and well what life is really like here at Casa La Crazy. I started Twisted Domestic Goddess after a huge move as a single mom from Arizona to Washington State. I feel like I have outgrown this blog and am ready for a new one that focuses on the family life of 7 ,possibly more,kiddos. It is still in the design stages but I hope soon it will be ready!
I promise to keep you all posted of the new changes!
Not much time for blogging lately. I miss it but always seem to have about 20 other things going on,even at 4 in the morning.
Being the director and producer of Casa La Crazy has meant at times I feel pulled in a million different directions. So many changes going on,but all for the good. I woke up yesterday in an emotional funk. I wanted to be happy but truth is I was EXHAUSTED!
When someone asked me how I was yesterday and I told them tired they looked at me as if I had sprouted a third eye. Why is it that it’s ok for people to comment to you saying they don’t know how you handle it all,but when you admit every once in awhile(and trust me I must have been exhausted to actually admit I was tired),that you are tired they don’t understand why.
In fact someone actually asked,”Why” yesterday.
Which then makes me feel like I should be able to handle this whole big family life without being tired. I mean we the parents are the ones that chose to have a large family right? So we should be able to handle it all. That’s not always the case. Most the time it is the case,but through different seasons things change.
I know this season of exhaustion is just that…a season. So much is going on and so much is changing.
Things that have happened in the last 4 weeks alone:
– started 3 of the kids in a one day a week parent/public school partnership. Which now means I have to write out their lesson plans,check in with a teacher,and send in monthly progress of our homeschooling. Next year that will be all 6 school age kids.
– Kenna’s surgery. Having a kiddo laid up without two working legs is hard. It is for the best,but it is hard. Thankfully her casts are off and she has walking boots on,but she needs a walker, and it has taken her some time to get used to walking in the boots. She continues to amaze me though at her “can do” attitude. She even told me she was ready to start doing chores again!
– Moving our ducks and chicks outside. This isn’t necessarily hard,just another thing added to the day. Including the part where I had to stop feeding Squishy last week because all 19 birds managed to get out of the fenced area….it was bound to happen sooner or later. I was hoping for thought!
– The great bedroom swap! Oh yes we did it again. Too many girls going through puberty,needing to be alone. Two little girls who still play with toys and live in fantasy lands. Yes we swapped rooms. IT IS DONE and I will not swap again until we move!!! Which by the way I have informed Brandon we’re not moving again EVER. Well unless we buy a house or the owner decides to move back here.
– My mom’s visit. She arrives tomorrow! HOORAY!!! I’m genuinely looking forward to this.
So it’s not like all these things are bad,in fact none of them are and I enjoy having them be part of my life. It is just a lot going on at one time. I’m sure I’ll adjust to it all,but in the mean time I’m exhausted. I think it’s OK for all of us to become exhausted once in awhile. It means you’re working hard and hopefully with all your heart.
In fact by the time I adjust,knowing me, I”ll add something new to the mix. So for now….Here’s To Exhaustion!!! I raise my coffee cup to you!