Soooo I actually checked out Northwest Mommy’s Monday Listicles a day early today! Her topic this week is:
The Top 10 Ways To Spend 30 Minutes
Ironically….Brandon just took Squishy to the store with him for the first time…ever. Yes this is the first time I have let little miss Adrienne out of my sight for longer than 5 minutes. She was being a little whiny and a little cryey and Brandon has had to work a lot lately so when he offered I jumped up got the diaper bag and her coat and was a little over excited.
UNTIL they walked out the door.
I had to stop myself from going back out after him.
Then they left.,..
Then I went over to the counter to grab my phone to call them and say come back and realized,
HE LEFT HIS PHONE HERE!!!!
So for the last 30 minutes:
1. I wondered if I should hop in the other car and follow them.
2.Called my mom to help waste the time but she wanted to talk about what I made for dinner and I’m too anxiety filled and the thought of food was making me feel sick.
3.Check the driveway
4.Stop and perk my ears up every time I hear a car.
5.Grab my computer and decide to facebook this momentous occasion.
6.Check the driveway AGAIN.
7. Remember what this week’s Listicle is about and how perfectly it fits so hey, why not blog!
8. Remember that I KNOW Squishy is perfectly OK and probably having fun but MAN I miss her!
9. Check the driveway yet again!
10. Try to breathe and relax and wait patiently for them to get back…or try to enjoy my time apart…or what the heck who am I kidding….I’m checking the driveway again!
***I feel like I should say this has nothing to do with the kind of parent Brandon is because he is wonderful! I just really really miss my baby!***
Last week was a busy week. Like one of those weeks you’re not even sure you took the time to pee,busy.I think we had one non busy day that whole week.Of course the one day that is not busy,where I could actually breathe and I think everything is going swimmingly,I get thrown through a loop by Kenna.
I am just gonna say it now and get it out of the way….THIS is a total whiner post.
Because to put it simply,my kids are growing up and I realize there is no way to ever EVER slow it down.
It all started with a maniacal laugh and a question. Yes Kenna has a maniacal laugh and when she does I know I’m in for it. She just kept giggling that she wanted to go on an adventure.
What kind of an adventure does an 11 almost 12 year old want to go on? Well keep in mind this is no normal 11 year old. This 11 year old wants to build a community homestead over in England when she grows up and keeps meticulous notes on good plants and herbs,as well as building plans for “the guild”(her name for it). So with Kenna you really never ever know.
I told her to follow me to the bathroom because well I had to pee and let’s face it 7 kids in the house,it’s still the only place for privacy.It probably was a good thing I was sitting down.
“I want to go to public junior high or an alternative. I know I’ve said I never wanted to go before but it will be an ADVENTURE!”
Good thing I was sitting down.
Most kids’ idea of an adventure would be going to Disney Land. Not my kiddos.
After the shock of the fact that she might now be home with me all the time next year wore off I began researching some alternatives,to which I think we found a great one.
I was already having a hard time with the fact that Nathaniel was going to be a Freshman next year. I mean,how can I have a Freshman? I still remember him being this very hard headed toddler,with empathy for miles. Now he has grown into a great young man who is very willing to help out around the house despite his smart ass comments sometimes.
We had settled on computer schooling for him for next year just the week before.However,after looking over this great school,Nathaniel will be going there as well.
So will a couple of the younger kids for a few enrichment classes.
This IS a new adventure for us, as I’ve always been the sole principle,teacher,curriculum chooser. For the last 8 years it has been all me.
The more I look into it though,the more I like the program. We meet with the principle on Tuesday.
Why do they have to grow up though?
When did they become capable of making such adult decisions.Ones, that are absolutely for the best of them?
I know I know I still have my bonus girls,and Holly and Lane and Adrienne. I can see it in their eyes though…they’re all growing up as well.
Heck at 6 and a half months Adrienne is already trying to pull herself up on things!
Time needs to just slow down! I now understand why the Duggars have so many kids.
I know many people look forward to their kids growing up. I do as well. I can’t wait to see what kind of adults they become. However,with the addition of Adrienne I am reminded of my first true love as an adult,being a mother.
I will survive this just as every mother before me. I am struggling with it though. So please if you see me,and I seem to be a bit off,just be kind.
Yesterday was Brandon’s 32 birthday….awww 32. Seems like just yesterday I was that young fun age. Now I’m facing 36 almost dead on.
Anyways this isn’t a post about me and how I refuse to grow up.
So,where was I? Oh yes Brandon’s birthday. Yes,yesterday was Brandon’s birthday.
There was ooey gooey cake.
There was shrimp quesadillas.
And just possibly…there was a misplaced birthday present that his older feeble minded girlfriend misplaced and still cannot find!
Oh and of course there was the birthday boy!
So,in honor of Brandon’s 32nd birthday,I present to you:
32 Things I Love About My Man
1. His equal unabashed love of coffee-thanks to him there’s always a fresh pot on.
2. His handiness around the house. Whether it’s cooking or fixing something,he is pretty darn helpful to have around.
3. His height-It’s rare that I can’t reach something but when I can’t,he can.
4. His love for my kids. It’s not easy to walk into a step parent roll…he is a pretty awesome step dad.
5. He makes sure I eat my vegetables.
6. He painted my toenails almost weekly this summer when I was too pregnant to half the time even SEE my toes!
7. He appreciates the little things,not the big flashy expensive things.
8. He honestly would rather see me without makeup.Which makes me feel so less guilty on those pajama days we seem to have so often around here!
9. His laugh…his laugh is contagious.
10. Watching stand up comedy with him for the obvious reasons…(see number 9.)
11. He works his butt off so I can stay home with the kids.
12.He works nights…anyone who works nights I tip my hat off to.
13. He’s younger than me. Yes yes I can say…yup I got me a young hottie. Or….maybe not….that still kinda sounds creepy. Still I like the fact he’s younger than me!
14. He loves all the kiddos,even on their worst,boundary pushing days.
15. He’s one of the only people that I know,that is more competitive than me at family game night.
16. The feel of his arms wrapped tightly around me. No place I would rather be.
17. Even though he’s not a music person he totally indulges me in my love for music….yes even if it’s NKOTB.
18. He was totally hands on with the birth of Adrienne right up till it was time to deliver the placenta. Yes he delivered our baby girl…how could you NOT love him after that.
19. He’s not really into sports….thank GOD!
20. We would both love to live off the grid someday!
21. He is willing to let me get a goat.(oh yeah that’s a whole OTHER blog post)
22. He can handle me on my “oh my gosh I have sooooo much to do,so I think I will just crawl into the corner and rock back and forth” days.
23. He tells me I’m beautiful even if I haven’t showered in a day or two.
24. He plays enough video games for the two of us. Yes I do thank him for that because I really cannot fall into that addiction again.
25. He constantly tries to educate himself on different topics which makes him fun to talk with.
26. Even though he’s not a singer,he learned the special words to the song I sing to Adrienne,that my grandpa used to sing to me.
27. I know he will fight tooth and nail to keep this family together.
28. He gets just as excited over gifts as I do. so excited I got most of my Christmas presents early! WOOHOO
29. He’s not a big sweet tooth person most of the time…which leaves more chocolate for me! Total Win!
30. He supports my dreams of becoming whatever I want. Whether it is a cosmetologist,a labor doula,or heck even an astronaut.
31. He’s not a boob man…thank god since my boobs belong to Adrienne at the moment.
32. He loves me unconditionally…good,bad,or indifferent, I know he’s there for me.
Happy Birthday Baby I hope your day was as special as you are to us! I promise one of these days I will find your gift…of course it will probably be Christmas by then!
How fun!!!! I told Kenna what this weekend’s topic was for Monday Listicles,and she started rattling off all the little things that make me happy! So without further ado…my first guest blogger my oldest daughter Kenna!
10 Little Things That Bring My Mom Joy!
2.listening to New Kids On the Block early in the mornings (I think it’s just so she can annoy Nathaniel)
4.Me (since I’m so awesome)
6.Homeschooling (Because she loves it when we change the subject in the middle of the lesson)
7.Picking on Nathaniel/Brandon (And of course I always help her out)
8.Not cooking for one night (I enjoy it too because get to have pizza or McDonalds)
9.Breastfeeding (Except for when Adrienne starts to pull on her nipple and choke for no reason)
10.Stopping at every red light while Adrienne is screaming her head off in the back seat.
And there you have it folks a little glimpse of what Kenna thinks brings me joy! I’d have to say she’s pretty spot on!
Happy Monday Listicles Everyone!
What a week this has been! It began with Deanna being sick,then me, and now that momma is on the mend….BAM Holly is sick. Unfortunately she goes to her dad’s this weekend so I guess I will spend today cuddling and loving her as much as possible.(oh the joys of a blended family.)
I am finally starting to feel better and just in time to join in on SistersNCloths breastfeeding blog hop.
This weeks topic?
Your first time nursing in public.
Not that I’ve ever been known for my ….ummm modesty. I do remember embarrassing my bestie one time by basically giving her car a lap dance when she pulled up to pick me up bumping PitBull’s “You Know You Want Me.” No I didn’t take take my clothes off but you get the general idea….and I’m sure all my neighbors did.
But actually risk exposing part of my body?
I figured my first few week I would stay at home to get the hang of this whole nursing discreetly thing down no biggie. However by the end of week 2 I was going stir crazy.So,Brandon decided we should head out to our favorite buffet to go eat.
Adrienne has never been one to be covered. She just hates it.
Luckily the buffet we went to is very family friendly and loved it when we brought our whole group (plus Kenna’s) best friend.Yes all 9 of us. Most the attention was on the other kids so no one even paid attention that I was nursing. In fact we even have our own table there now.
Because of how friendly everyone I got over my fear of nursing in public very fast. Very rarely do I even cover now. I figure people would rather deal with maybe seeing a nip slip than listen to a crying hungry baby.
We’ve been back to that restaurant almost weekly.
As far as nursing in other places in public. Feeding her here first and being so supported has helped me to see it is not that big of a deal. Everyone deserves to eat comfortably.
Adrienne arrived September 1st at 11:18 pm weighing 7lbs 14oz. Daddy got to deliver her at tje hospital. I will write up a birthpost soon but for now I’m just enjoying this beautiful girl.
See this little bugger?Yeah you know you wanna say OH HOW PRECIOUS!!!!
Ahem you don’t have to say that…nope not one bit because this little turkey has been robbing every single ounce of energy I happen to have left. On top of the fact that she can’t make her mind up on whether she wants to be head up or head down.
I swear my stomach last night looked like something from the movie ALIEN.
And I’m still eating up every inch of it.
Well besides the headaches….and the 3rd trimester nausea…and the leg cramps that wake me up just as I fall asleep…oh and the fact that I now have to ROLL into bed because our bed is so high up.
Other than that totally eating her up!!!
We had the fetal echo on Wednesday followed by an ultrasound. By the time we got done with the ultrasound and had been given a positive outlook on everything I told Brandon how tired I was going through all the extra testing,to which he reminded me ever so lovingly that I kind of brought it on myself. Which I agree I did.
It was then that I realized though that I am honestly finally ok with this whole pregnancy thing. That little Miss Adrienne was going to be born and join our family….
That OH MY GOSH I was going to have another baby….(ok some of us are a little slow on the uptake.)
The ultrasound tech and Brandon and myself agreed no extra testing is needed. They will do a growth check in a month but other than that no more tests.It’s probably a good thing they’re going to do another growth check because well as of Wednesday Adrienne was 3lbs 1 oz
Ummm did I mention I’m attempting my first ever natural birth with her?
That night I caught a glimpse of my belly in the mirror and once again it really hit me…We’re having a baby.
Not only are we having a baby but because we’re having a baby I have to go through labor AGAIN!!!!
A small frantic freak out followed that i was glad B wasn’t at home to see. I had to remind myself that I am a birthing champ…that I CAN and WILL do this. Even if she IS a 10 pound baby…
In lieu of flowers I ask that you all send ice packs…I have a feeling I’m gonna need them.