We have been busy wrapping up the school year here at Casa La Crazy! Oh my what a year! I know we studied a lot of different things but even I would you give you the automated, “I don’t know,” answer when you ask me what we learned from our books.
It was definitely a hands on kind of learning year for all of us! So this year I do believe we all learned:
– sleep…get it now before you NEVER get it again
– how to change a diaper in 30 seconds or less
-When momma yells “All hands on deck!” You come runing with a towel and an endless supply of baby wipes and be prepared to distract an Adrienne while another runs back and forth fetching yet more wipes,a new outfit,or the garbage can.
– That momma can go approximately 3 days without a shower before people in the house,and yes it was a boy even,start to complain that you smell.
– Reading to the rest of the group with a baby nestled in your arms is still the sweetest thing EVER!
-One crawling inquisitive baby = no one ever sitting still
– Even the 8 year old can make a full dinner for a family of 9!
– Chickens and Ducks are probably one of the funnest science lessons known to man.
– The art of room design as we switched up rooms for the 3rd time in a year.
– 7 year old are not too young to do the dishes
– A reminder in thankfulness in modern technology as we lived without a dishwasher for 3 months.
-Visitors ….oh be did we have visitors and they all were welcomed with open arms.
– Trying out new thing. I will admit when Kenna came to me saying she wanted to try some new ways in schooling I never drempt it would include the kids going to school part time. So far so good and we’re looking forward to next year!
-Every single kid in the house learned how to make momma a pot of coffee.
-How to help out our sister after she has had leg surgery
-How to be grateful for other’s help even when we have a hard time accepting it.
There have been so many changes and growing opportunities this school year! I have watched all the kids grow leap and bounds and am so proud of each one of them. Along with the growth and change that has occurred I have come up with new ideas on how to make next year better.
I have also begin working on a new blog. The whole format will focus more on homeschooling, life in a blended family, and well what life is really like here at Casa La Crazy. I started Twisted Domestic Goddess after a huge move as a single mom from Arizona to Washington State. I feel like I have outgrown this blog and am ready for a new one that focuses on the family life of 7 ,possibly more,kiddos. It is still in the design stages but I hope soon it will be ready!
I promise to keep you all posted of the new changes!