Not much time for blogging lately. I miss it but always seem to have about 20 other things going on,even at 4 in the morning.
Being the director and producer of Casa La Crazy has meant at times I feel pulled in a million different directions. So many changes going on,but all for the good. I woke up yesterday in an emotional funk. I wanted to be happy but truth is I was EXHAUSTED!
When someone asked me how I was yesterday and I told them tired they looked at me as if I had sprouted a third eye. Why is it that it’s ok for people to comment to you saying they don’t know how you handle it all,but when you admit every once in awhile(and trust me I must have been exhausted to actually admit I was tired),that you are tired they don’t understand why.
In fact someone actually asked,”Why” yesterday.
Which then makes me feel like I should be able to handle this whole big family life without being tired. I mean we the parents are the ones that chose to have a large family right? So we should be able to handle it all. That’s not always the case. Most the time it is the case,but through different seasons things change.
I know this season of exhaustion is just that…a season. So much is going on and so much is changing.
Things that have happened in the last 4 weeks alone:
– started 3 of the kids in a one day a week parent/public school partnership. Which now means I have to write out their lesson plans,check in with a teacher,and send in monthly progress of our homeschooling. Next year that will be all 6 school age kids.
– Kenna’s surgery. Having a kiddo laid up without two working legs is hard. It is for the best,but it is hard. Thankfully her casts are off and she has walking boots on,but she needs a walker, and it has taken her some time to get used to walking in the boots. She continues to amaze me though at her “can do” attitude. She even told me she was ready to start doing chores again!
– Moving our ducks and chicks outside. This isn’t necessarily hard,just another thing added to the day. Including the part where I had to stop feeding Squishy last week because all 19 birds managed to get out of the fenced area….it was bound to happen sooner or later. I was hoping for thought!
– The great bedroom swap! Oh yes we did it again. Too many girls going through puberty,needing to be alone. Two little girls who still play with toys and live in fantasy lands. Yes we swapped rooms. IT IS DONE and I will not swap again until we move!!! Which by the way I have informed Brandon we’re not moving again EVER. Well unless we buy a house or the owner decides to move back here.
– My mom’s visit. She arrives tomorrow! HOORAY!!! I’m genuinely looking forward to this.
So it’s not like all these things are bad,in fact none of them are and I enjoy having them be part of my life. It is just a lot going on at one time. I’m sure I’ll adjust to it all,but in the mean time I’m exhausted. I think it’s OK for all of us to become exhausted once in awhile. It means you’re working hard and hopefully with all your heart.
In fact by the time I adjust,knowing me, I”ll add something new to the mix. So for now….Here’s To Exhaustion!!! I raise my coffee cup to you!
Ms. Adrienne turned a month old on Monday!How is that even possible?!? Time is going way too fast and I barely I have time to sit down at the computer. Although if you’re on my Facebook at all you will see me posting from my phone all the time as well as on Instagram.
I only have a few moments while Squishy sleeps and the kids work on school so I thought I would do a post in pictures of what we’ve been up to!
We started back to school this week! Hurray for homeschooling and taking breaks when needed! We are studying the life of Helen Keller and all the fun “rabbit trails” that go off of it.
We even got in a field trip last week to Tomato Street restaurant,and next week our field trip is to Krispie Kreme!!!!
Can you find the Holly?
There’s been beautiful nights here at Casa La Crazy as well.
Mostly my days are full of schooling,feeding Adrienne,cooking in the crockpot, and baby spit up. I’d be lying if I said I showered everyday or even shaved my legs more than once a week…but none of that really matters in the morning when you are snuggled up with this,
It’s hard for me to imagine our days without her in it.