We have been busy wrapping up the school year here at Casa La Crazy! Oh my what a year! I know we studied a lot of different things but even I would you give you the automated, “I don’t know,” answer when you ask me what we learned from our books.
It was definitely a hands on kind of learning year for all of us! So this year I do believe we all learned:
– sleep…get it now before you NEVER get it again
– how to change a diaper in 30 seconds or less
-When momma yells “All hands on deck!” You come runing with a towel and an endless supply of baby wipes and be prepared to distract an Adrienne while another runs back and forth fetching yet more wipes,a new outfit,or the garbage can.
– That momma can go approximately 3 days without a shower before people in the house,and yes it was a boy even,start to complain that you smell.
– Reading to the rest of the group with a baby nestled in your arms is still the sweetest thing EVER!
-One crawling inquisitive baby = no one ever sitting still
– Even the 8 year old can make a full dinner for a family of 9!
– Chickens and Ducks are probably one of the funnest science lessons known to man.
– The art of room design as we switched up rooms for the 3rd time in a year.
– 7 year old are not too young to do the dishes
– A reminder in thankfulness in modern technology as we lived without a dishwasher for 3 months.
-Visitors ….oh be did we have visitors and they all were welcomed with open arms.
– Trying out new thing. I will admit when Kenna came to me saying she wanted to try some new ways in schooling I never drempt it would include the kids going to school part time. So far so good and we’re looking forward to next year!
-Every single kid in the house learned how to make momma a pot of coffee.
-How to help out our sister after she has had leg surgery
-How to be grateful for other’s help even when we have a hard time accepting it.
There have been so many changes and growing opportunities this school year! I have watched all the kids grow leap and bounds and am so proud of each one of them. Along with the growth and change that has occurred I have come up with new ideas on how to make next year better.
I have also begin working on a new blog. The whole format will focus more on homeschooling, life in a blended family, and well what life is really like here at Casa La Crazy. I started Twisted Domestic Goddess after a huge move as a single mom from Arizona to Washington State. I feel like I have outgrown this blog and am ready for a new one that focuses on the family life of 7 ,possibly more,kiddos. It is still in the design stages but I hope soon it will be ready!
I promise to keep you all posted of the new changes!
Yesterday was Brandon’s 32 birthday….awww 32. Seems like just yesterday I was that young fun age. Now I’m facing 36 almost dead on.
Anyways this isn’t a post about me and how I refuse to grow up.
So,where was I? Oh yes Brandon’s birthday. Yes,yesterday was Brandon’s birthday.
There was ooey gooey cake.
There was shrimp quesadillas.
And just possibly…there was a misplaced birthday present that his older feeble minded girlfriend misplaced and still cannot find!
Oh and of course there was the birthday boy!
So,in honor of Brandon’s 32nd birthday,I present to you:
32 Things I Love About My Man
1. His equal unabashed love of coffee-thanks to him there’s always a fresh pot on.
2. His handiness around the house. Whether it’s cooking or fixing something,he is pretty darn helpful to have around.
3. His height-It’s rare that I can’t reach something but when I can’t,he can.
4. His love for my kids. It’s not easy to walk into a step parent roll…he is a pretty awesome step dad.
5. He makes sure I eat my vegetables.
6. He painted my toenails almost weekly this summer when I was too pregnant to half the time even SEE my toes!
7. He appreciates the little things,not the big flashy expensive things.
8. He honestly would rather see me without makeup.Which makes me feel so less guilty on those pajama days we seem to have so often around here!
9. His laugh…his laugh is contagious.
10. Watching stand up comedy with him for the obvious reasons…(see number 9.)
11. He works his butt off so I can stay home with the kids.
12.He works nights…anyone who works nights I tip my hat off to.
13. He’s younger than me. Yes yes I can say…yup I got me a young hottie. Or….maybe not….that still kinda sounds creepy. Still I like the fact he’s younger than me!
14. He loves all the kiddos,even on their worst,boundary pushing days.
15. He’s one of the only people that I know,that is more competitive than me at family game night.
16. The feel of his arms wrapped tightly around me. No place I would rather be.
17. Even though he’s not a music person he totally indulges me in my love for music….yes even if it’s NKOTB.
18. He was totally hands on with the birth of Adrienne right up till it was time to deliver the placenta. Yes he delivered our baby girl…how could you NOT love him after that.
19. He’s not really into sports….thank GOD!
20. We would both love to live off the grid someday!
21. He is willing to let me get a goat.(oh yeah that’s a whole OTHER blog post)
22. He can handle me on my “oh my gosh I have sooooo much to do,so I think I will just crawl into the corner and rock back and forth” days.
23. He tells me I’m beautiful even if I haven’t showered in a day or two.
24. He plays enough video games for the two of us. Yes I do thank him for that because I really cannot fall into that addiction again.
25. He constantly tries to educate himself on different topics which makes him fun to talk with.
26. Even though he’s not a singer,he learned the special words to the song I sing to Adrienne,that my grandpa used to sing to me.
27. I know he will fight tooth and nail to keep this family together.
28. He gets just as excited over gifts as I do. so excited I got most of my Christmas presents early! WOOHOO
29. He’s not a big sweet tooth person most of the time…which leaves more chocolate for me! Total Win!
30. He supports my dreams of becoming whatever I want. Whether it is a cosmetologist,a labor doula,or heck even an astronaut.
31. He’s not a boob man…thank god since my boobs belong to Adrienne at the moment.
32. He loves me unconditionally…good,bad,or indifferent, I know he’s there for me.
Happy Birthday Baby I hope your day was as special as you are to us! I promise one of these days I will find your gift…of course it will probably be Christmas by then!
While typing this I have the song “One is the Loneliest Number” playing through my head. This weekend all of our kids except for Adrienne were gone. As a blended family this happens roughly twice a year. This last weekend was one of those times.
I didn’t name this house Casa La Crazy for nothing. With 9 people,7 of them kiddos,there is always something in some part of the house going on.
Except this last weekend.
Within hours of the 6 kiddos being gone I was facebooking how weird it felt only having one child at home.
By that night I had facebooked that I was definitely not made to have only one or two kids.
We constantly get comments the normal comments most large families get:
Are they all yours?
Don’t you know what causes that?
How do you handle all those kids?
I could never handle that many kids I just don’t have the patience.
I knew after I had my second child that I definitely wanted more children. Poor Brandon kind of got thrown into this big family thing,but I am constantly amazed at how much it suits him.
By Sunday even poor Squishy was in a tizzy over not having any of her siblings here at the home front. she just wanted to be held and cuddled…but apparently not only by me and daddy.
Once my kiddos came home Sunday night Squishy’s face lit up and she spent the rest of the night giggling and playing.
Yesterday the girls came home.
All 9 of us are back under one roof again.
We went out to dinner last night with Brandon’s family. As I looked back over at the kids table I felt a wholeness in my heart again.
Yes for me…One is the Loneliest number and I’m so glad to have ALL my kiddos back at home!